Re: [FWDLK] Power Steering for 58 Ply

Howdy, Harry. (Sorry)

I have a 57 Fury which, like you, I am also converting from manual to
power steering. My project is slightly more complicated as I am also
converting from right hand drive to left hand drive at the same time.

The coaxial steering box is for 57. Constant control is correct for your
58. The power steering box and pump are completely different.
You will need:
Constant control power steering box,
Power steering box steel "wedge" that packs box out from the chassis,
Power steering pump with cap and brackets,
Pulley,
Belt,
Pressure and return hoses that run the fluid from the pump to the box
Power steering shaft, jacket and sleeve,
Rubber insulator that goes in between the shaft itself and the box,
Bigger size bracket and receiver that allows the bigger size p/s jacket
to bolt to the underside of the dashboard, c/w rubber gasket,
Rubber gasket that mounts at the bottom of the jacket to the floor,
Clamp that connects the bottom of the jacket to the top of the steering
box (if you find a spare one of these, I need one too!),
"Power steering" steering wheel insert,
Power steering directional indicator mechanism,
And I'm not sure if the centre link is of a bigger diameter also.

I think that is all, but if anybody can offer anything more, please feel
free. As I say, this has been my mission also, so I am only learning
too.

After driving my friends 58 Fury with power steering, I can't wait to
get rid of my heavy, too-many-turns-lock-to-lock, wish I was Arnold
Shwarzenegger, standard steering.

Good Luck Harry,
Glenn,
57 Fury,