Re: [FWDLK] Rubber trunk mats for 55-56 Plymouth / Dodge

At 10:53 AM 8/6/98 -0900, you wrote:
>Where can a guy get a new trunk mat reproduced?  Anyone else need a new
>trunk mat?  I need at least four.  They seem not to be available from
>anywhere.
>
>I finally got the trunk lid popped open on a '55 Plymouth Belvedere that
>had be locked shut for twenty years.  Mice had filled the trunk cavity with
>leaves, branches, acorns, and cotton stuffing from the seats.  But this
>helped preserve the original trunk mat.  It still has its original
>molded-in wells, and is in one piece, pliable, and fairly resistant to
>cracks and tears.  So it would make a real good model for a reproducer.
>Who has the ability to make such rubber/plastic mats?

I'd recommend Gary Goers:
        Gary Goers
        37 Amdahl Lane
        Kalispell, Montana 59901
        406/752-6249

I sent him a set of splash shields (engine compartment) from my '71
Imperial, and he made exact, high-quality reproductions.  I've gotten
numerous other items from him as well.

Hope this helps!

Elijah

  *******                 Elijah Scott                 *******
  *****       Georgia College and State University       *****
  ****         Information Organization Librarian         ****
  **                  escott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  **
  **        http://Peacock.GAC.PeachNet.EDU/~elijah         **
  **   http://Peacock.GAC.PeachNet.EDU/~elijah/imperial/    **
  **    "I May Not Be Much, But I'm All I Think About."     **