Re: [FWDLK] ROVON parts source

Dan Davids wrote:

> I must've missed it ... what was the contact info for "ROVON"?

>  - Dan

For the people who requested, here are those details again:

Rovon Auto Parts-Ph Canada-(604) 936-9312-NOS

Yes, they send you a HUGE computer printout, listed in part number order

with the description and year of the vehicle.

Unfortunately, I had a bad dealing with them, but you never know if it's

a once off, or just bad luck on the day. I would probably deal with them

again.

I ordered a NOS Fury camshaft for my '57, some camshaft bearings and a

rare rear speaker fader switch.

The fader switch was taped to the end of the camshaft inside a thin box

and sent by sea mail! The delicate fader was in about 10 pieces by the

time it got to New Zealand. A crying shame because you could see that it

was once a really mint condition NOS part, now unusable.

The camshaft itself, once I took it to a computerised camshaft

spec-reading workshop, turned out to be the specifications for a

standard "poverty-pack" 301 Plymouth V8, althought it can still be used

by having it reground, and it is NOS.

Boy, this Mitchells thing has sure opened up a can of worms, so I might

as well add my 5 cents worth.

About a year ago, (29th September 1997, to be exact) I joined their

"Parts Programme". This programme promised monthly "Hot sheets" of part

listings for my particular car, as well as exclusive preference on new

rare, hard to find parts. It cost $25-00 which I paid by Visa.

I received nothing for about a month, so I rang them and they claimed to

have some problem with their new computer system. About a week later I

received the first "Hotsheet", which was basically just a duplicate of a

parts list, about 3 pages, of the same list that I had received a few

times earlier-just by requesting it. Nothing special.

Since then, I have received nothing more. I have faxed them twice in the

past 2 weeks, and have had no response. Is this legal in USA? What

should I do about this-they shouldn't be getting away with it.

Glenn,

57 Fury, New Zealand,

FURY@xxxxxxxxxx