[FWDLK] Foward Look Quality Control?

Pardon me if I injure any sacred cows... I've been reading about the
development of the '60 Valiant, and one of the topics that's always touched
on was Chrysler quality control problems that helped inspire developing the
rugged and reliable A-bodies. I understand that Chrysler had gone out on a
limb to push the new Exner designs into production much faster than normal
to compete with Ford & GM, who could afford to restyle and redesign more
quickly, and that the hurried production was the source 'quality problems'.
        I'm curious what kind of quality control problems these were, and how (if
at all) they affect these cars today. Was it finish flaws, assembly errors,
or engineering problems? Is it the kind of thing that's taken care of
anyway in the course of restoration, or is it something extra to worry
about? I'm also curious whether 'correcting' these flaws makes a
restoration less correct, like smoothing the rough spots on a Superbird or
GSS Demon.

-Paul Clark
'64 Dart GT