[FWDLK] 8 3/4 Rear End question

In my ongoing quest to find a rear for my 56 Plym, I have come across an
8 3/4 inch limited slip that I am told comes from a b-body, so far so
good. Problem is that it is missing and I willneed to obtain the wheel
cyls, brakes, drums and associated hardware.  My question is how do I
identify the rear to be sure that the brake parts I need will be the
correct parts? As you know it will be impossible for me to go to any
autoparts store without the year, make and model of the car.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Scott