[FWDLK] power seat problems

Hello listers,

I have just re-subscribed to the list after an absense.  I  own a 1962
Chrysler 300 Sport, 2 door hardtop with a factory installed "H" running
gear, suspension, wheels and speedometer.

 I recently installed a 6 way power seat track in my 1962 Chrysler 300.
This mechanism came from another 62 Chrysler.  It is a full width bench
seat frame with buckets and centre armrest attached, and all 3 sections
move together as a unit.   This type of power seat meachnism, to the best
of my knowledge was used on all 1960-64 full size  bodies with bench seat.
The control for this seat is a small knob on the edge of the driver seat,
which moves up and down, back and forth, and twists for the tilt feature.
I had previously installed one of these mechanisms on a 1960 Polara with no
difficulties.

My problem is this:  When I move the seat  and  it comes to the end of its
travel in any of the positions,  if I hold the switch in for even half a
second after the seat stops, it seems to set off an internal circuit
breaker and the whole thing shuts down for about 10 - 15 seconds.  This is
not the circuit breaker that would be installed behind the left kick panel,
according to the manual, ( I have not even installed one there yet) but
seems to be an internal one right in the seat motor.  I have removed the
seat from the power unit base, and checked all the movements out, and
everything is working OK.  Each movement goes properly to the end of its
travel, and nothing is binding. Everything works freely.

Can anyone tell  me why this circuit breaker is cutting the power off  so
quickly?  It is quite frustrating.  The same seat mechanism on the 60
Polara also has the circuit breaker but it is a whole lot less sensitive
and it takes quite a bit of playing around before it cuts the power off.

Thanks,

Ian Smale,

WPC Club, Inc. National Website Editor.
wpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      web site:    http://www.pacificcoast.net/~wpc

WPC Club, Vancouver Island Region, Website Editor,
viwpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    web site:   http://www.pacificcoast.net/~viwpc

Web site editor for the 60 Dodge Home Page
http://www.pacificcoast.net/~acmesafe/60dodge.htm

Victoria, Vancouver Island,  British Columbia, CANADA.