From:   Don & Joy Wilson[SMTP:djwilso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Monday, November 30, 1998 10:13 PM
To:     tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Terry & Andree Hoeman
Subject:        Re: [FWDLK] Border Crossing

I recently purchased a Packard from a man in Toronto, Ontario.  We met in
Windsor and I crossed the border into Detroit.  There was no "hassle", and
all required was to show proof of the ownership being transferred,
certificate of title, and the usual documents one would have in such a
transaction. Probably important was the fact that both the seller and I went
into the customs office, and were on hand to answer any questions. (The only
"glitch" in the entire matter was difficulty we had in Windsor finding
someone to notarize the bill of sale which I needed to present to my home
courthouse to get title.  I ended up paying an attorney $20 (US) to notarize
the title--something that might have cost $2 in the states.)  I would
suppose the process might vary somewhat depending upon which particular
customs office one
dealt with.  Good Luck!
Don Wilson djwilso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx