[FWDLK] Ka BAM! wheel pulling-

Oddly enuf I just worked on back end of the wagon, one wheel cyl leaking and
some brake noise, besided wanted to replace noisy rear outer bearings.
Got a 3 arm puller from body shop buddy, removed wheel with car jacked up one
side, removed wheel nut and cotter pin, and proceeded to remove wheel.
NOT!
The small 12" handle sledge hammer no go.  Got out the 36" handle one and bang
bang BANG and no go.  Hmmmm.  I took this baby off 6 yrs ago and installed all
with NeverSeez, whys it not coming off?
Finally gave up on the beating, on reassembly almost think the threads where
slightly deformed due to pressure on the axle.
Well I removed em before and recall they come off with an EXPLOSIVE bang.
My buddy said just keep hammering U cant hurt the tool if U do we'll just toss
it and
has a bigger one.
Bottom line, be ready for some heavy beating.  I am at a point where I may let
it set over winter and take it to local truck shop (they made my driveshaft
with modern U joints)  and have them do it.  Bearings are off the shelf items,
etc.  Also can reline brake shoes.
I did not saturate axle ends with WD 40 prior to this attempt, am doing so
now.  If they dont come off its into the shop next spring.
summary-
1  saturate axle ends with WD 40 daily for several days, with axle nuts off
2  be prepared for some heavy beating.
3  Good luck!
4  the 5 arm puller may be the secret, seems like due to the beating action
the tool
       tends to rotate off center, causing inefficient eccentric loading.
L.