Re: [FWDLK] Das neue Welt

 ---- Jan O. Van Hoy <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What concerns me is that (1) they are already
> re-writing history on their webpage [Hitler said that
> history is written by the victors.] and (2) will will
> happen to the historical section?

They're actually updating it as we speak...  ...there is now *one* Fury
 reference ('62 Turbine-powered Fury).

Other curious omissions include:

Fargo
Firedome
Fireflite
D-500

And the time line shows the Plymouth V8 as introduced in '54, which is true from
 a calendar-year standpoint, but not model year...  ...also states that Richard
 Petty took over the cockpit from his father Lee in '64...

I would suggest that if we are to preserve true Chrysler history, we enthusiasts
 should offer whatever help we can in the most polite fashion we can muster.  We
 can change tactics if need be depending on what response we encounter.  We
 might also remember that even the most enthusiastic German car types probably
 know no more about MoPars than we do about, say, Borgward Isabellas, and that
 lack of knowledge need not necessarily translate into contempt if we can make
 our points without alienating the new regime's historians.

I will take this one on myself and see if I can contact someone on the DC side.

It is my understanding that Daimler-Benz has not only a splendid museum in
 Stuttgart, but an incredible restoration facility attached to their own
 historical collection.  This makes me optimistic about the new regime's respect
 for history in general.  It is my hope that our enthusiasm will be respected
 and that our history will be preserved.

Mike Sealey
And Did Chrysler Maintain The AMC Historical Collection?

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com