IML: Imperial list members with Comcast as their ISP - IMPORTANT MUST RE

IML: Imperial list members with Comcast as their ISP - IMPORTANT MUST READ

Forgive the post to everyone, but if you have Comcast high speed internet
you need to be aware of upcoming upgrades on Sunday 1/9/05

Starting at 12:01 AM Sunday morning until 12:00 PM Comcast is doing some
cable upgrades, and YOU CANNOT LET YOUR COMPUTER SHUT OFF, REBOOT, OR GO
INTO SLEEP MODE.  If you do, you will loose your modem connection and that
will cause a multitude of problems.  You most likely received a email from
Comcast saying not to shut off your modem, or REBOOT your computer.  I
called and asked about letting my computer shut itself down as if I were
away for over a half hour, or sleep mode.  I was told not to let it do that.

I plan on keeping Windows Media player open and playing my music, which has
about 10 hours of music, and set it to LOOP, so it automatically starts
playing over again so as to keep the computer up and running during this
time.   Will just shut off my speakers when I go to bed, and have the "glow"
of the screen act as a nightlight I guess.

I told Comcast they need to let people know this because many people will
just let their computers go to "sleep" thinking it is not really shut off,
but that would be just like turning it off.  I told them they should send
out another email letting people know of this, but I'm sure they won't, and
will have millions of very unhappy customers Sunday afternoon who can not
connect due to not having had the required upgrades installed on their
computers.

Just thought I would pass this on to fellow Imperialists so we can all
receive our daily dose of priceless Imperial email.

Have a great day, weekend everyone!

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day