From: David Whitney <david.whitney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: '90s Imperial radio (was Re: IML: Digital radio/81 Imperial Help)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:29:51 -0800

Don't forget that the '90s radio speakers had their own amplifiers, not
amplified from the main unit.  So if you're looking to use older
(unamplified) speakers with the newer stereo it won't work.

-- David

"Wayne Michaels"
<baker-michaels@xxxxxxx> To: <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cc:
ialclub.com

12/29/2004 05:58 PM Please respond to mailing-list

Rolland, One thing I know of ,is that the amp is different for the analog and digital radios. The power amp that is located in what would be a center dash speaker is the one I am speaking of. You need to make sure you have an amp for the electronic radio. By the way the Am/FM Cassette/ CD Radio of late 90's will also fit, but again you need an electronic amp or bypass the amp all together. Bob ----- Original Message ----- From: Don Hudson To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 4:06 PM Subject: Re: IML: Digital radio/81 Imperial Help

 I, too, would be interested in this conversion.  Also have an analog
 AM/FM/8 Track in my 81.  Never have tried the AM or 8 Track but the FM
 seems to work OK.  I have an AM/FM/Cassette out of an 83 Imperial that I
 would like to swap over.  I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
 Don