Re: IML: James Brown's '55 Limo

I agree--when you can describe an engine correctly (as a "hemi") and, in some cases, even the horsepower rating, I would expect a person supposedly knowledgeable about cars to name the transmission and know the correct number of speeds.  It's usually a person having no depth of knowledge about cars who speak in "general" terms and call every automatic transmission an "automatic" rather than Powerflite, Torqueflite, Hydramatic, Dynaflow, etc.

Bob

RandalPark@xxxxxxx wrote:
It says twice that it is equipped with a three speed automatic transmission. Shouldn't it have Powerflite two speed? There was an e-mail with a link to pictures that included a dash shot. I didn't specifically check out the all important "Flite-lever". Was it converted to the push button (or was that "punch bottom") Torqueflite?

Something I did see was that the drivers door panel was not like other '55 Imperials. It seemingly does not incorporate the usual "arm rest panel". Due to this, the power window master control is mounted sideways and flat against the door panel. Is this is a difference between the Eight Passenger Sedan and the Limosine? Seeing these pictures reminded me once again how beautiful these cars truely are.

Paul