IML: Non-Car Imperial Landmark Gag Page?

IML: Non-Car Imperial Landmark Gag Page?

Daniel M Wing <imp1983@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think it would be kinda fun. I MIGHT be able to
maintain the page.

Just a thought. Maybe it's too dumb an idea.

Dan Wing

Well, if it's a dumb idea, then small minds think alike.  I had the idea of taking my camera and a car around to local landmarks with Imperial in the name.  I think I've seen about 5 so far.

A few years ago there was someone that swiped a lawn gnome from someone's yard and took it with them on their world travels, mailing the owners photos of the gnome placed in various poses in front of the Eiffel Tower, Vatican, Berlin Wall, etc.  Made the news and was a real hoot.

I had fancied something like that under the "Oddities" page.

Let's do it.  I nominate Dan to set things up.  Maybe come up with some "rules", like there has to be both an Imperial car and the word Imperial in the photo, preferrably with the owner pictured as well as a tag line expaining what is in the picture and its' location?

Such as:

Dan Wing with 1982 Imperial in front of Imperial Bank, (address to allow pilgrimmages?), NY, USA

There's only the Imperial Valley, Imperial Palace, Imperial Bank, Imperial Margarine (gotta be a billboard or something to put the car next to?), Imperial Towing svc. and so forth, but there have to be streets and other places with the name.  Chinatown in San Francisco has a bunch of places referring to "back home" where they actually had Imperial dynasites that were not both car names.  Considering some of the arcane topics discussed here, I'd bet that there are a few people with time for this sort of thing when they're not out trying to reinvent the legendary, lost-to-science "300 MPG carburetor" or trying to invent cold fusion or whatever.

Let's go!

Kenyon Wills