Re: IML: IML DIGEST

How did you convert the cars to run on propane? Is it cheaper to do that in the states also?
Thanks Luis
I converted my cars myself. The cost was around $600 for the parts. I believe you can find an article about the conversion with photos on the Imperial Website

Given the huge difference between the price of gasoline and propane in the UK, I got my money back in no time. The equation makes less sense in the U.S. where the price difference is marginal.

D2 mentioned the loss of power when using propane but unless you like to drive at full throttle you would hardly notice the difference. Since it is a dual fuel system, if you feel the need for that extra bit of fire you can always switch over to gas. In addition, propane actually runs smoother because is has an octane equivalence of around 112. For my part, one of the pleasures of driving an American luxury car is the boulevard ride. Propane actually enhances that feeling and the engine runs quieter.

Best wishes,
Tony V.