Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 8:05 PM
Subject: IML: Price guides

Has anyone heard of a price guide for vintage and collectible cars by the name of CPI or Cars of Particular Interest?

I thought most cars values were taken from auction lists in Old Cars Weekly or the OCPG, Old Cars Price Guide.

The values in CPI are considerably lower than those in OCPG.

If you were going to sell one of your cars, which guide would you use? I am NOT selling any of my cars, but am just curious as there is a guy on another list I belong to that is touting the CPI as the only price guide anyone should use and the values are more realistic. I recall them being very unrealistic and LOW when I looked at one.

Any thoughts?

Greg