Re: IML: 63 Imperial On Ebay

I thought full frame Imperials were banned from most derbies. In fact, I've been told by a number of people involved in the "sport" that many derbies have also banned unibody C and D bodies. What the heck is going on?

I wonder if the crazy days of the 1980s (when car collecting & pricing went nuts) may have kept people from trashing Imperials, what with '59 Caddys and other big GM cars spiking in value. As I recall, full size, full frame 1970s and '80s station wagons were very popular as derby cars during thiose years. When things calmed down and the Imperials never reaching intense popularity, they became fair game once again. Just a hunch, nothing to base this opeinion upon.

With a glut of truck based SUVs hitting retirement age and higher fuel prices, I would think they would become the focus of demolition derbies, rather than forty year old luxury cars.

If we weren't in a temporary financial tight spot, I'd try for that '63.

K.