From: "Mel Wyshynski" <mvwyshy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: 1959 Fender Tag Decode
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:41:08 -0600

Glen
I will help you with part of the interpretation. Others may be able to fill
in what I can not or possibly correct any errors.

A  =  I am not sure but one interpretation I saw was a combination of 3
things...door guards, vanity mirror and rear license frame.

0313 Date car was scheduled to be built (March 13)

M637105143     This is the VIN where
M = 1959
6 = Imperial
3 = Crown
7 = Plant where car was built (Dearborn)
105143 means this was the 5143 Imperial built (100001 was the first)

634 means something like a 2 door hardtop (I know 654 means a 4 door
hardtop)

N = ???

612 = Interior trim code. This tells you the color and I believe that the
number 1 between the 6 and the 2 means the seats had leather trim (bolsters)

FFV = Exterior color. This car was highland green with a black landau roof

PW = Power windows

DL= Door locks

9 = Sure grip

H = Heater?

I have struggled with the rest other than I think R is radio, RM is remote
mirror, AC is air conditioning and 1 represents the axle ratio (2.93) I am
not sure about the number 1

Hope this helps.

Mel