Re: IML: IML. Spotted one (1991?)

I'm sorry, but ANYONE that quotes you 5 grand for a transmission
repair/rebuild/replacement is /HIGH/.

The most expensive shop I've found in my town (Vancouver, WA) wanted
2K to install a purchased rebuild, and another transmission shop
recommended by the lot i bought my '90 from asked 1600 to rebuild the
one I have with upgraded beefier parts.  Both places I would trust to
do the job, as well.  I judge that partially on the fact when i even
hinted at the words "transmission fluid" the both stopped me and said
Mopar 7176, which tells me that they've dealt with these before a bit.
 My 90 just turned over 131K on the odometer, and the only problems I
have with it are a hard-shifting transmission, a door lock alarm
switch problem (the alarm goes off sometimes, as the switch doesn't
know i've unlocked the door before opening it...), and a sticky mode
door for the heater.  other than that, the car runs just like a top,
and I couldn't be happier.  I attribute part of this to the previous
owner, who took immaculate care of the vehicle.

-Jason Wulf