IML: Fw: BLACK POPPY

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 7:52 PM
Subject: BLACK POPPY

In addition to the red poppy that most people arefamiliar with;I,other military veterens and concerned citizens, will be wearing a black poopy (spray painted flat black). This is a symbol and message to the Government of Canada, that their wanton destruction and lack of support for our military over the years has now hit critical mass.Veterens and currently serving Armed forces personnel, who have served this country in theatres of war, conflict and United Nations Peacekeeping duties have been dealt an injustice. It is as though our efforts have gone in vain. Sea King Helicopters,, lack of F-18 spare parts,used submarines,relying on the Americans for our security,and no support for Gulf War syndrome Vets are just a mere tip on the iceberg.As a Nation we should be ashamed.Please show the Government that you wish to have our once effective Military resurrected again.Wear a Black Poppy in addition to the Red one and make a statement. For that matter wear a Black Poppy all year.The world has become a more dangerous place and an effective strong Military serving our nation will be required to protect our democratic way of life and soverignty. Lets show our neigbours to the South that we are partners in North American Security. Lets show the world that we have awakened and are willing to take a stand and be counted for.