IML: RE:'63 HVAC Control

>From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: IML: 1963 Le Baron A/C/Control
>
>This is a difficult part to replace. If your old one hadn't fallen apart,
J.C. Auto (Jeff Carter)
>could have rebuilt it for you. They will not sell one without a good core
in exchange. You
>may be able to get a rebuildable core from Bob H. or one of the other parts
places listed in the OIC.

>This part not only controls the vacuum valve, but the blower switch is
integral as well.

    I had this part blow up on my '62. I found that it was the same as on a
bunch of other '62 / '63 MOPARS; I got one out of a '63 New Yorker in a
junkyard. The little vacuum fittings were *insanely fragile* !!! and I bet
they're even worse fifteen years later. I suggest (if you find one) that you
cut the hoses to remove it, and only attempt to remove them from the module
when you get home. I also (strongly) suggest that you be very careful of the
electroluminescent lighting panel which is right next to that module in the
dash 'pod'. If it's energized and you touch the edge, you'll get a heck of a
shock!
   Good luck.

    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT