Re: IML: Miller Specialty Tools

Hi to All;
 When you use the Ball Joint Socket have the car out in the open.  You have to do this because you WILL need a 5-6 Ft. pipe to break it loose. Use a 3/4 breaker bar that will go inside of the pipe. Also needed is a 3/4 to 1/2 drive adapter to fit on the socket. 350+ foot pound of torque (Or More) will be needed to break it loose & get it out. The control arms (Both upper& lower) use what is called an interference fit (That's putting it mildly). Plus the parts have been friends for 40+ years. The Factory manual says 150 Ft. Lbs.(min.) for tightening the Ball Joint in the Control Arms for the SY-1 Model (Imperials). Just be careful in starting to thread in the new ones. Don't mix up the lower & uppers because the hole size & threads are the same but the rest is different. You didn't want to unscrew it one more the you have too.  Don't do like I did & try it in hurry!
Good Luck.
Dave VB    White (Whale) 62 Custom Imp.

P.S. Any try to Adapt Disk Brakes to the front of a 62?????