Re: IML: $635 tail lamp buyer

ahogangoat@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"scodyardmouthdownoffrog"  is the ebay name of this buyer.    According to the ebay info he lives in Chesterfield, Michigan.   That's not too far from me.  Does anybody know if he's a club member or Imperial man?

 I contacted him.  He replied and is not a club member but immediately asked about finding NOS stuff.  I told him to call me if he was serious and that I'd help if I could - but nothing as of yet.  I think that Murray Park would be pleased to make his aquaintance.  Sounds like he's bound & determined to build a car from scratch if he can.  Those are the folks that fuel the manufacturers that make the parts for those other makes, but of which our chosen Marque has so few truly zealous restorers.

I have not heard back from him, and he might not recognize the power of networking.  I'd be surprised not to see him around here in the future at some point.  All paths cross through the website at some point, it seems.

I hope that we get to see the car that results from this NOS bender that he's been on.

Kenyon Wills