Re: IML: $ 635 lenses....

What do you say to the guy who's kid just busted your lens? You say " Ill take it in cash or you can just pay for them outright, Ill help you locate them". If they balk, my personal suggestion would be that $ 635.00 is about what a day in the ER including the bed will cost.

As far as the overall cost of some of the parts that go sky high, Ive been following the 62 parts in particular for several years now and I save the webpage data to track the prices on parts that I need, want or have spares of. Ive come to the conclusion that sometimes its just nuts, one day you see these insane bidding wars - sometimes for parts that arent as rare or as NOS as the seller will claim, and the next you stumble across gems that are in the wrong area or not identified correctly and nobody is seeing them.

Its not just Imperials though, I pretty much follow all things Mopar, and the E body stuff is pure unobtanium ( Cuda and Challengers for those who dont know E Body ) and then the A and B is close behind. Lucky for those guys, the aftermarket is really coming on strong. You can now place orders for a well known brand GM muscle car who I will refrain from saying outright, the ENTIRE car body - not just panels, the whole stinking car - now available aftermarket, all you add is running gear, interior, glass, etc, but you get the whole body.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe