Re: IML: regards to parts situations

Regarding the replies to my post about parts stores and parts situation, they just further prove my personal theory that knowledge is power, and in many cases it costs no more to get than the time it takes to get it. If you do that, then when someone tells you that a part isnt available, or hands you heater hose for fuel line ( an extreme example perhaps ) or tries to sell you brand x junk at grade a prices, youll have a definite advantage every time.

I love to go into a parts place, wait for the guy to ask what I want and then of course he goes to his computer expecting to be able to type it in, and then say something like " Dont bother, the car was built before the guy who wrote that program was born. Heres my Gates catalog, I need a matched set of 9680 belts in whatever your brand crossreferences too. Heres the page if you need it " I either get a blank stare like the proverbial deer in the headlights, or the guy smiles because hes a car person and understands that Ive taken the time to learn AND I just saved him time and the energy to do that work for me.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe