Re: IML: part numbers

the only way that I'm aware of to do any referencing from part number alone for computer lookup is www.partsvoice.com , however they don't go back very far into our territory, year-wise.

I have access to some 1960's parts manuals from the factory, but they are giant (as in double the thickness of a large metro phone book for each year) and will take considerable energy to scan into the website.  This is not a common request and may not be something valuable enough to warrant the energy required to put the information into the digital domain.

The good news is that they are 8.5x11 and that may lead to being able to feed them into an automated scanner that does not require hand placement of the documents on the scanner bed, so that is potentially a good thing.  A project for the future....

Meanwhile, you can look up part numbers for some trim on the crash sheets already up on the website.

See here:  http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Lit/index.htm

Hope that helps.

-Kenyon

mOPAR mIKE and mELISSA <collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I'm back again, I've been living in the garage for the past couple of months bonding with my cars and trucks, so I have a few questions saved up, and..... an offer to the group also.

First of all, I sent some issues out to a couple guys overseas, and I still have a couple of extra copies of the "Mopar Muscle" magazine (with the Imperials '57-'59 article) if anyone overseas would like a copy, LET ME KNOW......if anyone else can't find an issue and needs one, LET ME KNOW (Clint and Laurie, I still have yours)........ I might be able to snag one or two more issues before they disappear off the shelves.......

Now for my second topic......This is probably a question for the bookworms of the group..... I poked around in the IML parts numbers section, and came close, but no cigar.

I have an Autolite STARTER Model # MDM-6001 and Part # 1689340

I'd like to use it on my 413 engine, but how can I find out if it is correct for that application ????

and ...........if I find Chrysler part numbers on something, say for instance a piece of trim or door handle or (?)......how can I look them up and see what year Imperial they came off of, or where they go on the car, right or left side, etc. ???

THANKS AGAIN for all of your much appreciated help !!!

I better get back to the garage now, I've got a tranny waiting to be painted.

Michael Howlett

Oregon