RE: IML: EL Powerpacks

As much as I enjoy a challenge, the last time I needed one, Jeff Carter was selling rebuilt ones for $125.00 with an exchange. For that price it was hardly worth the trouble for me to figure it out and/or hunt down the parts. As for Radio Shack, they can get pretty much anything you want (including obsolete radio tubes). The trick is finding a salesman that knows the difference between a resistor and a transistor. You're right, they mainly don't care about anything but cell phones and batteries for smoke alarms.

Paul