'59 in new shop

>From: Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx
>
>I want to once again thank everyone for the great response I got to my
post.
<snip>
>Today I went and picked up the car and took it down the
>street to where I usually take my Nissan to be repaired. The owner of the
shop
>also has a project car of his own, and I have always been satisfied with
the
>work he has performed on the Nissan. He gave me a quote of $2,700.00
installed
>for the engine rebuild, and he was apologetic about that price, so I left
the
>car with him, and told him to go for it.

    Congrats, that sounds like a good place, and a great price, especially
for SoCal's cost of living.
    If you haven't before, when you get it back you might want to check any
'under-dash' vacuum accessories for leaks. The heater controls and the
automatic parking brake release (if a '59 has one?) can cause a pretty big
drain on the vacuum system if they're leaking. The brake release would also
only affect the car when it's in gear, which fits some of your symptoms.
     -Kle.
     '69 Crown Southampton 4DHT