Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 11:30 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: plug change

I suggest a wobbly at the socket with an extension (that's the gizmo that's like a U joint for socket wrenches).  That or an extension that will take you out past the stering column?

I have one of those T handle spark plug specific wrenches and it works great once you lean in and get your arm down under the steering column.  Should have them on the pegboard at the parts place for $8.99 if you don't have one already.

-Kenyon

Rob McCall <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm in need of a little Imperial guidance here. I've been working on my '67
Le Baron trying to get it back among the living after its 15 year coma. The
Holley that was on it was pouring gas better than a full service pump. I've
pulled the Holley and installed a spare Edelbrock I had here, but I need to
change the plugs. Is there a trick to removing the rearmost driver's side
plug? The steering column coupler is in the way. I also notice the front
passenger plug caused some clearance problems with my ratchet and the upper
control arm hardware.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

As fodder for the Haze Green Era controversy, couldn't the '67-68's be
referenced as the first generation unibody Imperial?

Rob McCall
Maroon Haze, plug fowled, '67 Le Baron
'68 Barracudas