1964 Crown floor pan

Hi,I 'm Ken.The stuff you are scrapping is sound deadner;it is normal for this to be there.Under this sound deadner(depending on year)you could find paint or primer,this stuff is part of why your car is still here!Auto paint jobbers or summit parts magazine will have this stuff;look for Dino-mat(spellings wrong but its called that)a very good product!The bolts should be replaced with stainless steel:try MrG's in texas (should have his address on the site) tell them what you need they will help!  Ken
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:45 PM
Subject: IML: 1964 Crown floor pan

I have recently removed the carpet from my Imperial, and I am now in the
process of scraping the remnants off the floor pan so that I can address
the rust.  What is that stuff?  It looks like undercoating.  Was this
normal?  Was there paint under it--I can't tell, about all I can see under
it is rust or what could be either bare metal or
primer/paint.  Surprisingly, even with as much rust as there is, yet again
no rust through.

Also, the bolts that hold the body to the frame (at least I presume that is
what they are for) seem to be quite rusty.  Are these special bolts, and if
so is there anywhere that I can get them?  I figure as long as I have
things to this state I may as well replace them (plus I would hate to have
them break when I really need them).  Is there anything else that I should
replace while I am replacing the bolts?

Thanks,

Mark Elliott
1964 Crown 4 dr