Middlebrook
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:05 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: Master Cylinder Rebuild Time?

Yes, you would definitely have to bleed the cylinders all over again, but at
least you'll have peace of mind knowing that your M/C is in proper working
order.
There is one caveat about pumping the brake pedal on a M/C that has been
operational for some time.  You don't want to pump the pedal all the way to
the floor board since it forces the piston of the M/C to bottom out in a
region of the bore where there is corrosion.  This can damage the seal
causing it to leak through.

There are some great archived articles about this on the Imperial web site
under repairs and brakes.

As far as the emergency brake is concerned, I am not familiar with the way
yours works.  My 62 does it entirely different.

Chris M