Re: Re: IML: 68 carpeting??

The signifigant thing that is sub-par about the
replacement carpet I got from ACC by way of Original
Auto Interiors is the padding.

The original padding is about one inch thick, heavy,
cut and formed to the floor.

What comes with the new carpet is thin, light weight
and sparse. The amount of padding is substatially less
than original. That is to say, the padding covers less
floor area.

If my original carpet and padding hadn't been so,
well, fragrant, I would have used the old padding
again.

The original padding looks like old-fashioned floor
rug padding made from wool. Perhaps it is still
available. An enthusiastic '68 owner could cut his own
padding to fit, then lay new carpet over it.

Two less important diferences in the new carpet are
vinyl edging rather than surging, and the floor mat is
slightly different from OEM.

Dave Duricy
1968 Imperial Crown
1973 Imperial LeBaron (Liberated by Chemtool!)
1950 DeSoto Custom