"56 Automatic choke heat tube

Hello all,
Has anyone ever tried to clear the automatic choke heat tube on a 354 cu in engine?

I have no heat coming through the tube attaching the heat tube to the automatic choke housing. Naturally the bimetal thermostatic coil spring receives no heat and does not move the choke butterfly. I've tried using compressed air (60 psi) to clear it. No luck.

Has anyone actually seen the heat tube apart from the manifold in which it resides? Is it open on the manifold end...does it have holes drilled in the side of the tube?

I would take mine out and look for myself if I could, but I can't budge it. The '56 Service Manual is not too helpful. It says," Remove automatic integral choke heat tube from exhaust manifold. (Be careful not to bend tube when removing)".  There's no mention of how to do it.
Is it pressed in? Does it screw in?

Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to clutter everyone's inbox with responses to this sort of arcane question. Email me privately if you can help. All suggestions appreciated.

Gary Kitterman
'56 C-73 "Babe"