Inspection at an "antique" auto salvage yard, pffft!

This place is called Countryclassiccars and did have several Imperials, most as you said rough shape, high price.  He did have a few nicer ones inside.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 6:48 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Inspection at an "antique" auto salvage yard, pffft!

Dear Club Members:

I had some in-laws visiting this past weekend.  Whether they wanted to or not, they got a tour of my '58 Southampton lying in state in the garage.  He collects cars (though sadly, not Mopar) and was suitably impressed.  They drove back to their home in the Midwest over the weekend, and wrote the note I've pasted below upon returning home.  I thought it would be of Imperial interest to the Club, and it follows advice I've herad from club members about avoiding "antique" auto salvage yards.

Sincerely,

Patrick Moore
Southeast Louisiana

Patrick:

Yesterday afternoon we stopped at a classic car sales lot (boneyard is a better description) in Staunton, IL to see if he had any Imperials. He didn’t. What he had was mostly junk at vastly inflated prices. He sure is proud of his rust!

Jack