no brake pressure...72

IF you can keep the car still when in gear and the pedal is stiff and not bottoming out or spongy, then you have a bad booster.  Easy to install yourself in 1-3 hours depending.  If there is spongyness or the thing bottoms out, you have a failed system or may have one circuit dead with a leaking hose, line, or something.

PLEASE NOTE:  If you do not know when the last time was that your car had the system flushed, new components installed, or whatnot, you would do well to consider 3 new soft hoses, new calipers/wheel cylinders, and a new master cylinder.  It is probable that the soft lines at least are original and are now over 30 years old!!!

Please consider redoing the system now that you're there.

I got an email from somone on my 72 parts car looking for a used caliper the other day.  Don't scrimp - do the brakes right and don't think about it again for the foreseeable future.

Good luck.

-Kenyon

joel hunter <thejoel_hunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i have no pressure for the brake. im having to use the parking brake to
remain stopped at lights. it gradually faded. when i first got the car
three months ago, they actuallt gripped too firm. no i have to depress the
pedal all the way down and stand on it just to keep from rolling. is the
problem the booster or something else?