Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:54:56 -0500
From: Brad Hogg <roadhogg@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Hydraulic pump sound ('90 IMP)
>From my experience and understanding of the braking
system on these
cars,
this is completely normal.  You are correct, they do
not employ engine
vacuum for brake boost, rather, there is a pump and a
pressure vessel
that
is kept at sufficient pressure to give you the brake
boost you need.
Be
thankful you hear that pump running, it is when you
don't is when you
need
to start to worry.