Our first big trip

Hi all,

Just completed my first trip in my new (to me) '90
Imperial.  We went from Southern California to
Northern California to visit my parents in the valley.
We then made two trips to Sacramento, one via Oakland,
and made it home earlier today.  Total was about 1,300
miles.

Mileage on the way up was 23.6 mpg at almost 80 mph,
and 25.1 mpg on the way back at around 72 mph.  (I
drove the leg home.)  Average around town, and up
through Oakland and Sacramento was 22.5 mpg.
Considering two trips over the Tehachapi pass and
one over the Altamont, the mileage was superb.

Other than the air suspension (which was awfully
floaty), the car ran beautifully.  It was easily
as roomy and comfortable as the Town Car we usually
rent for the trip, but at the end of the trip, we
don't have to rush to return it.

Tim