Size

> I concur with Eric on the width.  I believe that the idea behind that size
> was that anything over that would need running lights like a big truck.
I'm
> sure the 60's and 70's Imperials probably came close to that size, since
you
> could seat 3 decent size adults across.
> Don

I imagine one can fit more, if they are prepared to be indecent!

Hugh

PS.  This reminds me of the time I used the 58 at high school prom, as a
gift to the son of a friend of the family.  Going to the hotel down town, I
had the young man and his date in the back, and a similar combination in the
front.  When I went to pick them up, and it is pretty cool to be picked up
by an Imperial at your high school prom, the young man asked me if I would
take some of his companions waiting for taxis to the follow on party.  Why
not?  I think I had four couples in the rear, four happy young men in
tuxedos with their formally dressed dates in their laps, and one less happy
boy and his date in the front.

PPS.  Several years ago, my daughter, now aged ten, asked me if the Imperial
would be finished by the time she graduated.  At the rate things are going,
one step forward and two steps back, I admit to still not being sure.

Hugh