Antenna repairs - may or may not help...

Antenna repairs - may or may not help...

Recently I had to repair the antenna in my 62.  My problem was the leader (that
nylon cord) inside the mast.  It broke, so I had to come up with a solution.
One thing that I found out in my research on antennas is that nobody seems to
have anything available.  Radios can be upgraded and salvaged all day long, but
antennas are a separate matter.

Anyway, I have a little procedure written up.  It's in this location:

http://www.imperialclub.org/temp/c_middlebrook/antenna_repair/ant_rep.htm

It's still under construction, that is, there are no illustrations or pictures
yet.  I hope this helps.

As far as the broken masts, I have seen replacement masts in the HELP! section
at my local Auto Zone for about 30 bucks.  They can easily be retrofitted to
the OE antenna motor assembly.

Chris Middlebrook

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com