Subject: Re: IML: '59 back to square one

I must agree wholeheartedly with Kerry - we got the 413 in the big truck
completely overhauled, heads, the works, including new clutch pack, for $2400
total - and it's NOT cheap out here. If you can't find an automotive "car"
shop, try checking with the truck guys - these 413 engines are still VERY
common in trucks and busses, and you will find the people more down to earth in
some cases.

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proud mother of a soldier
and owner of  "Lucille" 1968 Crown

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:49:25 -0500
From: Kerry Pinkerton

Find a new mechanic and distrust anything this guy tells you.  He's a
bloodsucking sh--!

You can buy ALL the parts and machine work, bore, turn crank, valves,
etc for $1500 plus labor all day long.  40 hours of lavor is a gracious
plenty.  At 40 bucks an hour shop rate (which is higher than most rates)
which should cover R&R, you're looking at 3 grand.  The guy is trying to
rip you off.  Get out while you can.

Kerryp