Silicone brake fluid

Larry,

DOT 5 is purple. All other fluid is clear. When they are old and rotten, DOT 3
& DOT 4 turn brown and rusty looking or just dark. DOT 3 or DOT 4 should be
flushed every couple of years. Most people don't do this and so the fluid just
stays there until it rots and finally ruins the system. DOT 5 is suppose to
prevent this, although I believe that periodic brake bleeding is still a very
good idea.

The big advantage to DOT 5 is that it doesn't absorb moisture. That is why I
use it.

Paul