Silicone brake fluid

I have posted to the IML about my experiences with this many times. For me it
has been the only way to go. Some of my cars sit for long periods of time. In
this area, moisture in the system is common and highly destructive. I now run
all of my cars, even daily drivers on DOT 5. The 10 + years that I wasn't able
to run my Imperials chiefly was due to brake problems. Now that is no longer an
issue.

Some people have complained of spongey pedal with DOT 5. This has not been my
experience. In fact all of my cars have better brakes now, than they ever did
with other fluid. That could be due to my replacing the entire system on all
cars. I have heard that this is no longer necessary to make the conversion, and
that all you need to do is flush the system completely with DOT 5 until all
fluid bleeds purple. I have not done this, so I can't say. They use to
recommend all new parts, so that is what I have done.

So far, so good!

Paul