Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 01:32:46 -0400
From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: My '59 in car hospital, Heart transplant!
It sounds like you got a pretty good deal Bill, but I think you should ask
yourself this question: If I could make the car run smooth without an
overhaul,
would I go through with it or not? If the answer is yes, then I guess go
ahead,
but I would still want to know "why" before I went any further. I guess I am
just one of those gear heads who needs to know, so if it was me, I would
want to
find out.

Yes, I do have a couple of cars that smoke and need overhauls, but they run
great other than a little oil consumption. As long as I enjoy them the way
that
they are, I don't need to do it. Someone else with lots of bucks can do it
when
I am long gone. If I wasn't happy with them the way that they are, I would
jump
at the chance to have them overhauled at that price.

Just make sure that you verify to the best of your ability that the guy can
and
will do a good job for you.