Tires Again?

I know this topic was just recently done to death but I'm afraid I didn't
realize at the time I would need to pay more attention.  My 64 Crown had
been in the shop for a month having the front end rebuilt and the steering
sector rebuilt.  While it was in the shop, the mechanics told me that they
came in one Monday morning and found the tread pealed back off of one of
the front tires.  Well, when I picked up the car, I thought they had really
screwed the car up because the front end was vibrating so much I was
getting ready to turn around to take it back (I hadn't even gone three
blocks) and I had the tread separate on the other tire that had been on the
front.  They are 235/75 R 15s and I have been looking all over town for
replacements.  The best price on a brand I've heard of was Uniroyal, which
have a 3/4 inch whitewall at about $34.00 each as a 50,000 mile tire.  I
have been trying to find someone with at least an 1 to 1 1/2 inch whitewall
but they start at $100.00 and climb from there, such as the Firestone 721s.
I even considered trying to find a 9.50-15 bias ply but have heard bad
things about handling for the mid-60's Imperials on them.  After having
spent so much lately on real things like the front end, the steering
(complete disaster with the first machine shop), a new power booster
etc..., I don't have an extra $500 for 721s.  My questions are this, has
anyone used bias ply on a 64-66 and had good luck with them?  Can anyone
direct me to a mid-priced brand that had more than a 3/4 inch whitewall?
Anyone with experience with Uniroyals on an Imperial?  I apologize for
bringing this topic back up so soon.   Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Bobby
64 Crown
65 New Yorker (14 inch rims)