My '59 in car hospital, Heart transplant!

My '59 in car hospital, Heart transplant!

I agree with Ernie on this. Those test results would really narrow it down and
even eliminate a few things. I would really like to know the results of a
compression test, as I mentioned earlier today. All of the tests that Ernie
mentioned could be done quite easily.

Paul

In a message dated 5/7/2004 2:04:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
estepney@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Bill:
> As a long time Automotive Technician, aka mechanic, I need to ask a few
>questions regarding the diagnostic procedures done to justify the total
>rebuild scenario. Did they do a compression test? A cylinder leak down test?
>Did they scope the ignition and do an exhaust gas analysis? Or did they just
>look at an old car and jump to the conclusion that it needed an overhaul? If
>they did some tests I would like you to post the results so those of us on the
>list who are able could give some educated guidance to you.
>
> Best regards:
> Ernie
> 58 LeBaron
> now in for paint.