still have '59 problems

Thanks Steve for your rapid reply. The car was still hot so I ran down and tried to turn the fan, but it would not budge, so I guess that's a good thing. I did take the air cleaner off earlier to look at the carb, and noticed that the valve in the front section was wide open, which it usually is not. I also got the car to start, and got it out of its parking spot when it died on me, and I could not get it restarted, which is either the carb, or it is out of gas again. The gauge does not work, but I set the miles to 0 each time I fill it up, and usually fill up when it is getting close to 200 miles. I haven't been driving it lately except around my condo complex, and it only has 36 miles since the last fill up. I doubt anyone is siphoning it out, but could it idle away that much gas? It has been idling a lot since it needs to reach around 160 degrees before it will run properly. I have about a gallon down in the garage which should get me down the hill to the gas station, but I'm pretty worn out tonight with all the running around, and I had to get a neighbor to help me push it back into it's spot, which was a slight uphill slope. That made my Nissan feel like a go cart. I seriously think I should have the carb rebuilt, because when I messed around with it, the car has never run properly since. I still love it in spite of it all, I just want to take it on cruises and to work again. I exchanged my old booster at Karps for a brand new deluxe model with a gold anodized front and rear which looks great with the gold air cleaner. It came to a grand total of $365.00 if anyone on the list is interested.

Bill '59 Crown