this is a gamble and some rather poor practices

this is a gamble and some rather poor practices

Mikey, you make some really good points about introducing grit into the engine and all in the solution that I put out.

The original question, I think, was how to avoid a complete teardown of a motor that is siezed.  The guy got told by several here that he was facing a rebuild outright, which I think is pretty much what he's facing anyway.

Short of pulling the motor out of the car for a rebuild or ring/valve job, which is absolutely the correctest answer, what would you do?

Disagreeing does not make you the bad guy, and I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion on an alternate course of action, as I know from past posts that you're a competent, experienced mechanic.

-Kenyon