steering gear adj

I may have missed a few comments in this steering gear discussion, but I have a question.

On our '64 Crown I have replaced the center link (cha-ching!), tie rod ends, checked the ball joints, "adjusted" the wheel bearings, and replaced the idler arm bushing.
The car tracks pretty straight and does not "pull" one way or the other; there is no unusual tire wear on the H78-15s.
My "complaint" is, when driving it you are constantly "steering" as though something where lose, BUT, with the slightest movement of the wheel and the car reacts.  You cannot really "feel" the road like other cars.  The feel of the wheel is TOO effortless, as though it were floating down the road.  Is this typical, or do I need to dig deeper?

Sorry for the "clear as mud" explanation   :o\

B&T Roddick
1964 Imperial Crown
1972 'Cuda 340
1995 Concorde