Otiginal, restored and modified

Hugh wrote>
< It remains to be seen what happens to the like of Lexus
et al.>
I doubt it very much Hugh that we will see the Lexus go the route of the Imperial in this day and age of disposable cars. With the way cars are made today, I think in forty years everything will disintegrate away and you will be left with nothing other than a frame and wheels. My Nissan is made of heavy gauge aluminum foil which dents if you lean on it too hard, and I've had it about ten years and many of the plastic components are already starting their breakdown process. I shudder to think of the condition of it if I lived in a place like Chicago, where even the old heavy sheet metal cars were completely rusted through around the wheel wells within two years of rolling off the showroom floor. I also do not see any cars out there with the uniqueness to make them a collectable, with exception of maybe the Viper. It's pretty sad when you can't even tell a Honda from a Mercedes anymore.

Bill '59 Crown