power steering

Where did you get the pump from? I would check the inlet and outlet orifices
as W Bell suggests. Could be a bad pump. Why did you change it? The 440's
are basically all the same block. The heads will be different between the 68
and the 74. The 74 will have lower compression. It will also have a
different intake manifold and carb. But the basic engine is the same. If you
want to know all the differences go to www.allpar.com and look in their
engine section. AC control is probably different but the compressor is
probably the same. Brakes on 74 will be different, don't know if they are
interchangeable. The transmission will be the same, don't know where you
found the info that says they are different.74 would have part throttle kick
down which is so much better than the older style. Can be retrofitted.

Robin Giesbrecht