A "must see" 1953 Imperial

This is a beautiful car - I've seen it a number of
times.  It has an unusual history and appears to be a
special order car.

The woman who ordered it loved flowers and wanted the
car to be in the colors of her favorites.  Although
the exterior paint may be a stock color (Canary Yellow
- to match her favorite yellow roses) the interior was
a special order done in a cloth in a shade of deep
cerise/pink that matched her favorite azaleas.   The
cloth has faded over the years, but on the undersides
of the armrests you can see the original shade, which
is close to the dash color.  (Cloth is in good
condition, and could possibly be re-dyed?)

I think the story goes that the car originally had a
white roof, but the lady caught grief from people at
the time who said the Imperial looked like an ice
cream sundae going down the road!  Supposedly, the
roof was painted to match the body to tone things down
a bit.

It's a great car in good condition that seems to run
and drive quite well.  Before the current owners
bought it the asking price was in the $12K range.  The
addition of a set of proper wide whites would make
this car a stunner.

Chris H.

60 NT T&C
66 LeBaron